Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 80..... TOMORROW!!!

General Conference April 2016
Conference Weekend is my favorite weekend of the whole year.... and this Conference did NOT disappoint!! 
 have never been so spiritually uplifted in all my time here in the mission. 
I hope each of you were able to be spiritually uplifted this weekend just like I was. What a privilege we have to listen to Prophets and Apostles of our day, that literally speak the Word of God. This weekend I was spiritually edified and I was able to feast upon the words of the Prophets.

I want to share a few of the things I was able to learn as we were taught by these many wonderful men:
1. WE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN
2. FAMILIES ARE FOREVER
3. TEMPLES
4. PRIESTHOOD ORDINANCES
5. MARRIAGE 

As each and every one of the speakers went up and gave their talks, I could feel the Holy Ghost penetrate my bones. I don’t know why but this Conference was different than any one I have ever experienced before. I don’t know if I was more in tune or what, but as each speaker went up, I felt chills run down my spine as they delivered the most powerful talks.  

Image result for pictures of elder hollandAgain, my favorite talk was given by the one and only Elder Holland. He never ceases to impress me. His talk entitled “Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders Among You” was one that has not left my mind since hearing it. His talk focused a lot on the Love that God has for us. He spoke of the dangers and scares we have of  TOMORROW; how life just keeps going. We live in a world of many afflictions, trials and pains. He said, “The first great commandment of God is to love God with all your heart, might mind and strength!" BUT THE FIRST GREAT TRUTH IS THAT GOD LOVES US WITH ALL HIS MIGHT!!!" As he said that, I couldn’t help but feel the love of My Heavenly Father.
It doesn’t matter what we may be facing, it doesn’t matter our imperfections; because despite our imperfections God loves us PERFECTLY!!! God will never desert us, He will always stand by us. 
Elder Holland said, "If we give our heart to God and do the best we can to live the Gospel, Tomorrow will be magnificent." 
Keep trying, Keep Loving. "Fear not, I will Help Thee" 
"His divine love will be with us… especially when we struggle."
Elder Holland final words were...... 
"SANCTIFY YOURSELF; FOR TOMORROW GOD WILL DO WONDERS." 

Click here: Elder Holland's Talk

I testify that God loves us perfectly and no matter what we face He will be there for us. Trust in Him and everything will be alright. 

This week has been a great one! My new comp is Elder Inman from Kaysville, Utah. 
I am excited to work with him and continue to bring back Christ’s lost sheep through baptism and repentance.



No comments:

Post a Comment