Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 79.... The Blessings of Baptism!!!


This week was one I will never forget. We were able to accomplish our goals and were able to see two baptisms this weekend. They were both super spiritual. We saw two great people make the greatest decision they have ever made. Their baptisms were super special. We were able to bring two families together, which made it that much more special.

Gabriel is the coolest little kid I have ever met. He is 12 years old. I think he is the smartest little kid. He comes from a really poor background. His mom and dad are really struggling financially and it is sad to see their conditions. Gabriel’s mom, Marcela, got baptized about 8 years ago, but has not gone to church for about 5 or 6 years. We found Gabriel four weeks ago, and from day one he has been ready. We started teaching him and I have never seen a kid so ready. Everything we taught him, he would understand. We taught the commandments and he knew them by memory. The first time we met him, we made a baptismal date with him, and from that moment I have never seen that kid look back.
He was determined to be baptized. He has been reading the scriptures a ton and has found a lot of comfort in reading. It was awesome to see his conversion and see how this great kid could make a huge change. He is now leading his family and making them do reading as a family. He has gotten involved with the youth and now has many friends. I know he will serve a mission. He is the best little kid. 


Daniela was a miracle. She was the lady that had her interview done and she was ready. Daniela has been listening to the missionaries for a while. Her mom got baptized about 6 months ago. Daniela was never really interested. As we taught her, we thought she wasn’t progressing very much. She never really answered the questions we asked. She was very timid. Finally we did the interview thinking we would do it so we could get to know what she needed. She then told the Elder that she had been doing everything in secret. She had been reading and praying. She had received her answer. After that interview she has been nonstop talking about the Church. She impresses me so much to see her huge change. She had many changes to make, but after she had her answer she did everything because she loved God. Her baptism was really spiritual. Her mom was able to give one of the talks in her baptismal service. She got up there and began to bare her testimony. She was so grateful for her daughter and her decision to join the church. Her eyes began to fill with tears. The whole room was moved by the power of the spirit felt in that room. I looked at Daniela and I could see the light begin to beam from her eyes. 

I love to see the changes that the new converts make. Their eyes glow as they begin to see the light. She is a great convert and will continue on strong.

It was an amazing week and we were able to see many miracles. We know God has blessed us so much and also these two amazing people. Every baptism is a miracle and with each one, we see them gain that light and the happiness.


24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance ; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. 

I have seen and experienced this joy. There is no other thing that I would rather do than to help my brother and sisters in Chile come and experience this joy. I love being a missionary. For those who are about to serve, or are serving; just know there in no greater joy than that of missionary work. Ya, it has been hard, it is not easy... but it is all worth it. 
I love being here and I love my Savior. 
I know this Church is true and this truth brings HAPPINESS AND JOY.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment