Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 77.... NO LIMITS!!!

Things are going great here in Chile. I am just continuing to learn and grow each day. It is amazing to see how as we put our trust in God we learn and see things that we would have never seen. The mission is the best place to change. I feel like as I have prayed to become closer to Christ, I have been put in places of trial, and I have been put in places of discomfort so that I have opportunities to change and grow. I love it so much.
 This week I was able to learn a ton. I feel like I keep saying the same thing. But it so true. This week I was able to do some mini- transfers and I got to know some new missionaries. I always love working with the new missionaries because they come in with so much faith. Whereas with us missionaries that have been here for a while, we kind of set limits and our faith has a limit. The newbies always teach me limitless faith. And that is how I feel like each one of us should be. I always ask myself.... 
"WHAT WOULD I DO IF I HAD NO LIMITS?"
 When I answer that, then I ask myself..
 "WHY AM I NOT ACCOMPLISHING MY GOAL??"
 I am usually not accomplishing my goal because of fear or maybe even lack of faith. But being with missionaries who don’t know better, they have no fear and they just want to baptize millions… and I love it. 

Also, this week we were able to see a lot of opportunities for growth. Elder Woods and I have been working so hard at finding tons of people to teach. I have never worked this hard. I have seen so many miracles. I could literally write all day about the miracles we have seen. But we have so many great investigators and I love seeing them coming and participating in the repentance process. It makes me so happy to see them leave the darkness of their lives before, and spring into the light of this gospel. 

This week we were faced with a big challenge. We had a Stake Conference, and the stake center is a place about 30 minutes away, and no one in our sector as far as investigators have cars. So the whole week we were thinking about how were going to get the people to the Conference. We decided to go out of our comfort zone. We decided to rent a bus. And on Sunday, we went around and picked each one of our investigators up. There were a lot of people that came and it was awesome to see how much they loved the Conference.


The Conference was given by Elder Nelson. It was given to all the stakes in all of Chile. They have been really focused here on making the Sabbath Day a delight. So each talk  was given on that theme. One of my favorite parts was when Elder Soares of the 70 started talking about LOVE and showed us how Christ loved us. I know I talk about love a lot, but it is a characteristic that I have been thrilled about. I have seen that love is the changer. Everything done with love is better. If there is no love, it will not be successful.
I LOVE TO LOVE!!! 

He went on to share this scripture:

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 

 I hope each of you can read these scriptures; it helps me so much to see the example of our Savior. He accepted people even when they were making mistakes. Many times in our lives we will be asked to love people even when they are not perfect. No one is perfect. But there is no greater love than loving thy enemy and giving thy life for someone else. 
I know that as we develop the pure love of Christ, and just as CHRIST LOVED THE SINNERS but not the sin, we will feel HIS LOVE. We will grow to be just like Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment