Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 76.... The (Chilean) Title of Liberty!!!

San Pedro Zone Conference
We had some great experiences this week. I feel like this point in my mission has been one of the biggest growing moments. I have felt that in these last few weeks I have learned things that I thought I would never learn. I have seen and done things that I never thought I could do. I have never been so happy. I have never had so much fun. This sector has been my growing sector. For a long time I  felt that I had hit a plateau and that I could not increase. Getting here in this new environment, and getting to know the people I now know has increased my learning and growth beyond my limits. I truly feel like, at this point in my mission, everything is clicking. It is amazing to see the growth I am having. I love it so much.

Over this last week Elder Woods and I had many spiritual experiences. One of which happened in our Zone Conference on Tuesday. We had been thinking for a long time how we could animate the missionaries. We decided after reading the story of Moroni and the title of liberty, to make our own TITLE OF LIBERTY… but CHILEAN STYLE: 


12And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it— In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.


20Behold, whosoever will maintain this title upon the land, let them come forth in the strength of the Lord, and enter into a covenant that they will maintain their rights, and their religion, that the Lord God may bless them.

So what we did was we brought in a Chilean flag with the words "In Memory of our God, our religion, our freedom, our peace, our sectors, our zone, and our mission." 

We read each one of these scriptures and asked each mission to come up and sign the flag symbolizing they were making a covenant with God. That if they made this covenant, God would bless them in their work and in the sectors. 

As we testified, the Spirit filled the room. We were in silence as each missionary came up and signed the flag. We could finally understand what it was like for Moroni, and what it was like for those people. 

We know God will bless us if we put Him first. If we give up our desires… HE WILL BLESS US!!





No comments:

Post a Comment