Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 75... Service with a Smile!!!


Wow, this week has probably been one of the busiest weeks in my mission!! Elder Woods and I have been not stopped running. It has been a really great week for us with a lot of ups and downs, and lots of twists and turns. But, at the end of the week, we look back and can’t help but to feel the love for each and every person we teach, and for each and every experience we have.

Tuesday: On Tuesday we had a Zone Conference. We combined Zones with Lebu and Coronel. Pres. Bluth and Hermana Bluth came and talked to us a lot about the importance of Repentance and Baptism. It was a great conference and it was so good to see everyone. I love the conferences; I always learn so much.

Wednesday: Today we had a mission broadcast. We were able to listen to Elder David A. Bednar. He was in Argentina giving a conference. He was able to talk to missionaries in all of South America. I learned so much from him and from his teaching. I know that he really is a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. 

Friday: We had a conference for all the leaders in the mission. When we got there I was able to see all my friends. It was a really great conference until Hermana Bluth got up and told us that they would be returning home. Pres. Bluth has gotten sick and the doctors say it is better that he goes home and gets the problem fixed. They each gave their testimony of the missionary work and they each bore their testimony of Christ. There was not one dry eye in that room. It was amazing to me to see how even through trials, these two amazing people could be testifying of their Savior Jesus Christ. They have taught me so much through their example and love of our Savior

Saturday: We had an amazing Zone service. We got the whole zone together and we pulled out algae from a river near the church. It was the best service I have done on the mission. They had tractors and trucks and everything. We even made it on the news. 
We got to take a picture with the main guy on the news… #MORMONHELPINGHANDS  

Sunday: We saw so many miracles today in Church. We have been working so hard this week and it paid off. We had 6 investigators in church. Margarita, Camili, Maria Paz, Camila, Yasna and Wanderleia. We are so happy to see all of these people progressing.

So, that was what happened this week. It was a really busy week but so full of great learning experiences.

For my spiritual experience, I want to share a story of a conference talk that I read. It was of a little boy who went out with his friends and got all muddy and dirty. As he tried to walk back into his house, he was met by his Mom, and his mom said, "You can’t come back in you are dirty." 
I started thinking about the significance of that. Like the scriptures say... "No unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of God". 
I started thinking about how important the sacrifice of Christ was for us, and how we should apply it each and every day. Christ paid the price and suffered all... SO THAT WE CAN CHANGE. 

Like it says in Alma 42:27: 
 "WHOEVER WANTS TO COME… CAN COME!!!!"

 We must accept our Savior and we must love Him. I am so grateful for the repentance process.  I know that repentance should be like soap...we should use it every day!!
And as we do so, we will become closer to our Savior and we will have our garments clean. And in the last days, we will stand before God and he will say “Enter, you have been cleaned.” 


Elder Boyer and Elder Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment