Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 71.... Our Race to Exaltation!!

This week was really a spiritual high for me. We were able to go to Concepcion this week and have a Mission Conference. In this Conference, they showed us a video that really made me think about our lives, and the role our Father in Heaven has in it. 

Here is the link... Derek Redmond: 1992 Olympics

 As I watched this video, I could not help but think about our lives. Each and every one of us are participating in our own race. According to our mom’s… We are the favorites to win this race. Everyone is the best in the eyes of their mom ;) Thanks mom!!!! But as we begin our race, sometimes things happen that aren’t expected. Sometimes we hit bumps in the road. Sometimes we fall down, sometimes we come up with an injury. All these things slow us down. In real life it may be things like death, temptation, or any type of sadness. We may feel the weight of the world on our shoulders. We may feel down at times, but just as the Dad of Derek;
Our Father in Heaven will be there to pick us up!!!! 
Together, FATHER AND SON… we will finish our race. No matter how hard it is, no matter how injured we may be, if we are diligent and faithful, God will be there to pick us up. Salvation is not a race, it is a journey. In this life we are participating in the invitation to BECOME MORE LIKE CHRIST. I wanted to testify to each and every one of you that our Father in Heaven loves us, he is there for us when we fall. We will finish our race. We will be the Champions. I hope each and every one of us can be like Derek and finish our own race… Our Race to Exaltation.

Another story I wanted to share with you this week was something super special. We have been teaching an investigator for over 8 months now. His name is Pablo Muñoz. He has been ready for baptism but just hasn’t felt a specific answer from God. Many missionaries have passed by trying to help him make the decision to be baptized. He has talked with members of the 70, our Mission President and even our bishop. We have worked so hard with him because he really is a special man. This week after praying a lot for him, we decided to buy him a Triple Combination book and give it to him. Pablo is a man that does not have many friends. When we gave him the book he was left in tears. He had never have someone give him a gift like that. He literally broke down and could not say anything. The next day in church you could see that his spirit had changed. I felt the urge to talk to him after church was over. I pulled Pablo into a classroom and Elder Christensen and I began to talk to him about all that has happened in the last 8 months. I cannot remember what was said in that room, but I will tell you that the spirit was definitely guiding us in that room. I have never been led by the spirit like I was in that room. Words were just flowing from my mouth, and later after talking to my comp. he said that same thing. After about an hour and a half talking with Pablo, you could see his eyes glowing. I looked at him and said “Pablo will you be baptized this Saturday?” HE ACCEPTED!! Pablo will be baptized this Saturday. We are so excited. We will be passing by him every day this week to help him with his decision. I ask each and every one of you to pray for him. #prayforpablo

Thanks for all your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment