Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 70.... God is Merciful!!!


This week has been a really great week for Elder Christensen and me. We had a lot of activities this week:

On Monday we had our Zone activity: The PiƱata party.

Tuesday we had an exchange where I went and worked with Elder Cox in his sector. It was a really fun day. Elder Cox is a crazy good missionary and I learned a ton from him. While I was doing a baptismal interview for one of his investigators, the guy turned to me and asked me: “Elder, what does God think about suicide?” That really caught me off guard. I never thought that I would have to talk about that. I never thought that that would come in an interview. I sat there for a second and really thought out an answer. I went on explaining that we don’t have the right to judge. God is the only one who can judge. Obviously it is not a good thing... It is very serious, but My God is merciful. While I was saying this I could feel how merciful God is with us. The spirit entered in the room and testified to both of us that God loves each and every one of us and He shows us his Mercy each day. It was a really cool experience for me and for that guy, named Freddy, who actually got baptized a few days later.

Wednesday, we had a World Wide Mission broadcast. It was such a great training. It was a training that come from the mission board itself. We listened to training from Elder Bednar, Elder Nelson, Elder Oaks, and a few other 70´s. It was such a good training and helped me know the importance of missionary work. They taught us how to improve our time here in the field and how we can better each part of the missionary work. It was super good.

Thursday: We had interviews with Pres. Bluth. It was a really great day. Elder Christensen and I were there all day talking with each member of our zone. Setting goals and talking with the companionships. It was a very beneficial day. Also the interview with Pres. Bluth was very edifying. I always have doubts and questions when I go into the interviews with Pres. But when I come out I just feel so clean and so edified. I know that He has the Spirit with him, because He just makes people feel so good about themselves.

Friday was a really good day. Lately we have seen a few problems in our house... the Elders haven’t been as excited and so there has been a bit of a separation. So what Elder Christensen and I did was we planned a prank ;)
Friday we called the Elders to help us with a service. They ran over to help us. We had one of the brothers in our ward dress up as an  sick man. We had to move him into his bed. As we were moving him, his pee sack... (or apple juice haha)… popped all over one of the elders. We had all these things planned, and the end the brother said, “Do you believe in miracles?” The Elders said yes! And then he started dancing and said I’m not sick anymore. We all laughed, and ever since that joke we have been good again.

Saturday: Saturday I learned a lot. I actually wanted to share my spiritual message of the week on what I learned on Saturday. So, we had all these plans to go and visit our investigators. But as you can see with all the activities we didn’t have much time to visit too many people this week.  Saturday was the day we were going to visit everyone. As we got out and started working, we got a call. One of the churches didn’t have hot water so they couldn’t do their baptism. They had to change it to our church. That meant we had to go clean and fill the font. That also meant that we were going to lose our working time. We were like, well we have to do it, so let’s go. We ended up spending a long time cleaning over there and also waiting for the Elders to show up. While we were cleaning I was trying to call out investigators and invite them to church. NOT ONE PERSON ANSWERED! I was so sad. I looked at my comp and said, looks like this week is going to be a bust. We won’t have one investigator in church. We both started feeling bad on ourselves. We both started thinking negatively. As we waiting for the Elders to show up, our excitement and enthusiasm was completely down. When they got there we gave them the keys and went out to work. As we left the church, our heads were down and we didn’t feel like doing much. I asked my comp, well what do we do? We both decided we would at least try to pass by one of our investigators. So we went over to his house. We started knocking on his door…No answer. Called him…no answer.  I said he has got to be here. We stayed there for about 10 minutes waiting for him. Finally he came out. He had been sleeping. We asked Him if he was going to come to church. He replied with a light in his eye, ‘of course!’ As those words left his mouth I could feel the excitement and joy of the work fill my heart. I went from a dark sad Elder Boyer who wasn’t having much success to a bright happy Elder who was excited to be here.

I was reminded of the Scripture... "how great will be your joy if you bring a soul unto Me". I honestly could feel the joy of helping someone come unto Christ. I started thinking how amazing is it that God is so merciful with us that He gives us joy. How awesome is it that each day we can go out into the world and make a difference. Sometimes we won’t feel like we are making a huge difference, but I know we are. Even if it is something so small, we are changing the world. How amazing is it that we have the chance to help bring back Christs’ Lost sheep?
The Gospel is something so amazing to see people learn and accept it, and make the changes necessary to live it, really is a life changer. I have never felt so happy than to see someone accept this message of love.

I invite each of you this week to make a difference in someone’s life. Try to show people the love God has for them. I promise you that the joy you feel will be overwhelming.

I have felt that over whelming joy here in my mission and I know each one of you can also feel it each day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment