Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 69....The Pinata Incident, and the Power of Repentance!!!


This week nothing much really happened. The week went by really fast. Nothing too specific really stood out to me. I have been having a good time here in Los Angeles. I couldn’t be any happier. 

Today we actually had something funny happen, but also pretty sad. I felt pretty bad. So this morning as a Zone, we planned an activity so that we could have some fun and become more united. We made all these plans to have a celebrations. We have this Sister who is from Mexico. So we decided to make tacos and make piñatas and have a FIESTA. So all week, the missionaries have been working on piñatas. We all made really good and funny piñatas.

When we got to the activity we ate these amazing tacos that the Sister had made and then we went outside to break open the piñatas. Well we started going. First off we could not find a bat to break open the piñatas so I went looking for something… anything that could work as a bat. There was nothing in the church. I looked and looked and finally I came across a vacuum tube. It was a hard metal tube so I thought it would work. It was divided into three sections. I tried to pull the sections off but they wouldn’t come off so I thought they were on there pretty good. I didn’t think anything about it. Well I ran out and each missionary went one by one hitting the piñatas. The piñatas were breaking little by little. Finally it came to be my turn. I stepped up there thinking I was going to destroy this piñata. I wanted to get up there and hit it as hard as I could. I got up there and took a hard one hop double handed swing. I was for sure that I was going to crush this thing. As I started my swing… everything went in slow motion. I watched as my hands moved towards the piñata... as I was about to make contact with the piñata I saw one of the end pieces of this vacuum hose start flying off!


 I watched as this vacuum piece went flying in the air right in the direction of Elder Fuimaono who was holding the rope.  I watched as this metal tube went flying 100 miles an hour… I felt like it was 30 seconds long. It flew and hit him right in the knee. He went down immediately. I went over to see what happened. He was ok but he got a huge goose egg on his knee. I felt so bad. But it was also pretty funny after the whole thing happened. I don’t know why things like this always have to happen to me. ;P


Well now for the spiritual part of my week. This week I had really good studies about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I found 2 scriptures that I would love to share with y’all:

Mosiah 3: 7  (Book of Mormon)

7 And lo, he shall suffer temptations , and pain of body, hunger , thirst, and fatigue, 
even more than man can suffer , 
except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, 
so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people. 

16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, 
that they might not suffer if they would repent.

How amazing is it that we have the opportunity to repent and start anew?

This week as I read more about His suffering in the Garden and the Cross, I really came to know how much love He has for us.

HE SUFFERED ALL THAT PAIN FOR US!!

He suffered so that we could return to our Father. If it was not for Him we would not be able to return. 

How grateful I am to be here in Chile and teach people the power of repentance. Nothing makes me happier than to see people learn of their Savior and everything He has done for them. Seeing them make steps on the repentance process and make the changes necessary to feel God’s presence in their life. 
There is no better feeling than the feeling of missionary work.
 All of that comes from the Power of The Atonement!

our Missionary Pinata!!!

???



No comments:

Post a Comment