Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 81.... Feed My Sheep!!!



I have been able to learn so much this week. The highlight of the week was definitely when I listened to a talk given by Elder Holland.
It is titled “FEED MY SHEEP”. 
This talk was given to the Missionaries in the MTC. The whole week I was thinking of this talk. He tells of the story of Peter and Christ. After Christ’s death Peter does not know what to do. So what does he do? He goes back to doing what he knows best... Fishing... After a long night of fishing and catching nothing, Christ says cast the net on the right side of the boat. When they cast the nets on the right side of the boat, the nets begin to fill. They become so full that they can’t even pull the fish in. John says, knowing the man on the shore is Christ… "It is Him." 
Peter being a very valiant and brave, he jumps out of the boat and swims to shore. This is the part I love the most. Christ turns to Peter, looks Him in the eye and Says... “Peter, Do you love me?”
Peter responds “Yes.”
Christ then asks him again, “Peter do you love me?”
 “Yes Lord, I said I did” responds Peter.
 And the Third time Christ asks,
 “Peter, DO YOU LOVE ME!!!!”
“YES!” responds Peter. 
“THEN FEED MY SHEEP.” 

"Do You Love Me?" (click to watch clip)


15¶So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 
16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 
17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep  
I have been pondering this passage of scripture this whole week. I have realized that as missionaries, we are literally feeding Christ sheep. We are called to this work to bring back his lost sheep. There is no better work than the missionary work. I can say with no doubt in my Heart. YES, Lord, I Love thee. There is no other place I would rather be. There is no other work I would rather do.
We have a lot of people who are coming close to being baptized. Clementina, Nataly, Matias, and Maria. These are all people that have made the decision and they all have dates to be baptized on the 23rd of April. These are some of Christ’s lost sheep and I hope and pray that we can bring back these lost sheep. 
For those who are preparing to serve a mission, I want you to know… keep going, keep preparing… because there is no greater work. I love this work and I know God guides us in this marvelous Work.

Things with my new companion, Elder Inman, have been so great. We get along really well. We work super great together as well. Our ideas we have, we are just able to bounce them back and forth... it has been awesome. 




No comments:

Post a Comment