Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 48.... I'll go where you want me to go!!!

Baptism Day: Jessica and Camilla Andrade
 For those of you who have been reading my weekly letters, you will all know about the family that we have been preparing for baptism: Family Andrade. After much praying, fasting, and many miracles; we were able to baptize the Mom Jessica, and her daughter Camilla. With these baptisms it completed the family. I am so happy to have gotten to know this family. They are such incredible people.



I wish all of you could have seen the changes they have made. I was a very spiritual day and a very spiritual baptismal service. You could see the happiness this family now has, the smile that the husband gave me when he wife went under the water will be an image I will never forget. The husband has wanted his wife to be baptized since day one. And when she was going through a lot of trials and hard times, he was very sad and upset. But as she started to progress you could see his love for his wife grow, you could see how much he wanted this happiness for his wife and his daughter. I was lucky enough to have the privilege to baptize Jessica. When I was in the water with her, I looked up and saw the whole family right next to the glass, all of them grinning ear to ear. 


The spirit immediately filled my heart. Knowing that this family is going to be complete and now they can continue on and become an eternal family. It is amazing to see all the blessing a missionary receives in his time here in the mission. I have been so blessed as a missionary and a person.
It is so awesome bringing this message of happiness to the lives of these people and seeing them make dramatic changes. I don’t think I have ever been so happy in my life!

So this morning we got the news for transfers. I was totally expecting that my companion was going to leave and I would stay here in Mulchen and continue working here in this sector. But President Bluth called me and the Lord has a different calling for me. He asked me if I would go to another sector and be a Zone Leader. I was not expecting that at all. I was completely surprised by his call. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have been given. I know I have only been here 6 weeks in Mulchen, but I have met a lot of great people and it is going to be tough saying goodbye to so many great people.



I am so excited for the new assignment and all the new people I will get to know. I WILL GO WHERE YOU WANT ME TO GO DEAR LORD. 

This week for my spiritual thought I wanted to share a story with you that comes from the book of Mosiah. This is the story of Abinadi. Abinadi goes to King Noah and tells him of the wickedness, and unless him and his city repents God will visit them with His Wrath. As I was reading this story I put myself in his situation. I then read these 2 scriptures:

8For thou hast said that God himself should come down among the children of men; and now, for this cause thou shalt be put to death unless thou wilt recall all the words which thou hast spoken evil concerning me and my people. 
Now Abinadi said unto him: I say unto you, I will not recall the words which I have spoken unto you concerning this people, for they are true; and that ye may know of their surety I have suffered myself that I have fallen into your hands. 

King Noah tries to tempt Abinadi. He tells him is he will take back his words, if he will reject the words of God he will not be put to death. For many this is a very great option. To just say you know what King Noah I was kidding, I didn’t mean to say that and then continue on with your life. But that is not what Abinadi did. He stood face to face with the King and Said I WILL NOT TAKE BACK MY WORDS!!!!  I WILL NOT REJECT MY TESTIMONY… Not one of us will have to give our lives like Abinadi did, but we can still apply this into our lives. If Abinadi was willing to give up his life for his testimony, WE SHOULD BE WILLING TO STAND UP FOR OURS. There are many wicked things of this world and Satan is tempting us in every possible way. So stand up against Satan and say
I WILL NOT REJECT MY TESIMONY!! Show him that you are a child of God, and that you love our Savior. Many of have friends that may not be doing the right things. But we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ should be like Abinadi and Stand up for our beliefs, stand up for our testimony. 

I hope all of us can have the courage as Abinadi did and always stand up for our testimony and as we do, we will be blessed and God will show His love for us.


"These are my Baptism clothes..."

Chile Concepcion South Mission ....Mulchen Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment