Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 49... The Power of 3!!!

Hasta La vista, Mulchen!!!

I know that I always say this... But for reals.... this week was one of the greatest weeks of my time here!

Elder Anderson
Last Monday I had to say goodbye to all my friends that I had made in my short time in Mulchen, and I had to pack all my bags. On Tuesday I made the transfer over to my new sector. I got to meet my comp. and got to know my new area. Let me tell you, this is by far the best ward I have ever been in. The sector is so awesome. So when I first got to the bus terminal, I got to meet my new comp. He is super awesome. His name is Elder Anderson. He is from Colorado and has about 20 months here in the mission. He is probably the coolest kid I have met. He is a beast. He is a 6'4 tall white dude. He is probably the most humble kid I have ever met. I know we are going to have a great cambio together. He is a super funny kid and we were like best of friends from minute one. 

This week I had the opportunity to go around and meet all the members of the ward and get to know the sector. It is a great area. I am right in the middle of the city, so everyone here has a lot of money. I have a bunch of stores by my house and everything. I am not quite used to this, it is almost like the States. I have been in a couple of run down areas, but this will be my first area where I have been in a big city. I am super excited to be here and to learn.

My comp and I had a really spiritual week.  Since we are here in the city, there has been a lot of missionaries that have passed by the houses. So, the people are a lot meaner to us. They reject us a lot more. We have had some really funny rejections actually. Like the very first person I talked to in this new area totally blew me off. I went up to her and asked how she was doing and if I could help her with her bags. She totally looked the other way, jumped off the curb where we had been standing. It was funny. Even though we have had a lot of rejections, we were able to have really spiritual experiences. The other day we felt like we should go visit this less active family. So we made our way over to their house. We got there in the precise minute, because the family had just been in a fight and everyone had been very upset. When we got there the family calmed down and the spirit filled the room again. We found out that the aunt of the family and the grandma have not been baptized. We were able to talk to them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It really brought the spirit into the house. The grandma and the aunt are now really interested in listening to us. They saw the difference in the spirit and now they want to learn more.

My testimony has really grown this week, kmowing that the Lord has his hand in this work, and that He guides his servants. He puts people who are ready for His messages in the right place in the right time. As servants, we just have to keep our spiritual ears open to hear the spiritual prompting of the Lord. I am so grateful for this new opportunity to be here in this new sector and learn new things.

This week I really started to think a lot about the Power of 3. This week we had a conference with President Bluth and it really caught my attention what he said. He talked a lot about the Power of three. Everyone knows of the most powerful 3: God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost. But, there are also many others. The First Presidency… how many are there? 3. I really began to think about me and my life. I am out here in the mission, but we are only 2 people: my companion and I. Who else could be the third member? I then realized it was the spirit. It is a perfect triangle. Just like in a triangle, if you don’t have one side, it is not a triangle. Like in a tripod, if you don’t have one part, it will fall. It is the same in our lives. If one part is not in line, or one part is not working we will fall. There are many 3’s in this life. One of the most common is Husband, Wife, and the Spirit; or Person, Family, and Spirit. If the three work together, they will accomplish great things. They will be one with God and do His will. They will be blessed and will see and do what our father wants of them. But, if they are not one, they will fall. They have to have a good relationship within them and they have to have the spirit. 

Like it says in 3 Nephi 11:27: "We are one", and in D&C 38:27: "Be one, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine" 

I have learned a lot, that we always need to have the Trinity in our lives. We must always have the spirit to be with us and we will accomplish what the Lord wants.

Saying goodbye to my friends from Mulchen:





Gracias, Elder Alvarado


No comments:

Post a Comment