Monday, June 13, 2016

week 90... Love the Atonement!!


Nephi 26:27

27Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance. 

As I was pondering the scriptures this week, I came across this verse in 2 Nephi 26. In this chapter Nephi talks about Christ’s ministry upon the earth, as Nephi is explaining Christ’s ministry, he asks this question..."Hath he commanded any that they should no partake of his Salvation?" No but he hath given it free for all men. He then goes on to explain to us that our Salvation is Free, if we just do a few simple things.... COME UNTO HIM WITH BROKEN HEARTS AND FOLLOW HIM: He is the light and the way. There is no other path that brings happiness. 



As I read and pondered this scripture, I was again reminded why I am out here. Sometimes in the mission, I have seemed to forget the real purpose why I am here. God always seems to help remind me of my true purpose. 



As Nephi says at the end of the verse he says "We need to persuade all men to repent", so that we can help them gain their salvation. There is no greater happiness, than that of helping others gain their salvation. There is no other work so great. 

This week I have really gained a true appreciation for this Marvelous Work. I know this is the Work of the Lord. He leads and guides this work. I have seen the light that comes into the eyes of those who truly repent.

This week we will be seeing 4 more people enter into the kingdom of God. Eduardo and Luz will be married and baptized on the 18th, also Nacho and Natalia will be making these great changes. 
We are so happy that these amazing people are making such great changes in their lives. 

I want to give advice to all those who are currently serving or who are preparing to serve.... LOVE THE ATONEMENT!!
As you come to better understand the atonement your desire to share the gospel and help others come to Christ will increase.
I have found this desire.... I have found that there is no greater happiness... even though the path is tough... we will succeed!!


Random pictures of the Elder's apartment:




       
 






No comments:

Post a Comment