Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 89... Yield Your Hearts Unto God!!!


"Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did 
wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God."

This week as I was sitting in 
Elder Quorum meeting, I was sitting there meditating on how I could become more Christ like. I feel like there is so much to do still but so little time do it. As I sat there pondering I was prompted to open my scriptures. As I flipped the pages my thumb fell and I opened to Helaman 3:35. My eyes were drawn the words. As I began to read my heart was filled with the love of my savior.
The very last line is what caught my attention:

 "They yielded their hearts unto God." 

The question came to my mind.... How can we yield our hearts unto God?  Immediately after, I was then again prompted to another scripture:

 D&C: 4: "We shall serve him with all our HEART might mind and Strength." 

Many of us serve in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Many of us do amazing things. But very few of us do it with all of our hearts. Yielding your heart to God means doing HIS will. Because as we understand and do His will, we will be as the clay in a potter’s hand. He will shape, mold, and form us into the greatest person we can become. We will become great instruments in the hands of God. 

As I read and pondered these words, I made a commitment to myself to always look for and do God’s will. 

I am going to focus on becoming a true disciple and always doing His will. The heart is the only thing God doesn’t have. As we give it to Him, he will change us to be true followers and His True disciples.

Well that is what I wanted to share with all of you this week. 

As far as the work here in Boca, things are going great. We are going to see a few baptisms here in a few weeks. Maria, Natalia and Nacho will be baptized the 18th, and Eduardo and Luz will be getting married and baptized on the 23rd/25th of June. We are so happy. 

I am so grateful to be here and be able to help these children of God make these steps back to His Kingdom.




My new scripture case!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment