Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 43... MULCHEN!!!


Mulchen is so awesome. I have only been here 7 days but it has been a great sector. It is a pretty big sector. It is still a little city but it is super awesome. Mulchen is set in a valley. Surrounding all parts of the city are huge hills. The city of Mulchen sits in the Valley of these hills. There are a ton of people  here; over 8 thousand people. I am super excited to work here and help people come unto Christ. This week was such a great week.
 On Tuesday I got here and I got to meet my comp. Elder Alvarado.

 He is from Cordoba, Argentina. He is a super awesome comp. He is really funny. He is a lot like me. Both of us are really good at being jokers and getting people to like us really fast. When I got here everyone would come up to us and talk with my comp. He loves helping the people and loves helping people progress in this gospel. I am super excited to work with him. I know it will be a great cambio. It is the best when you really get along with your comp. 

I also got to meet my housemates. Their names are Elder Fowlks from West Jordan Utah, and Elder LudeƱa from Peru. They are super awesome. Usually it takes some time to get to know the Elders in your house and joke around. On the 2nd day, we were all joking and we are having such a fun time. I know we will have a great cambio. I am really getting along with all my housemates. I will let you all know more about them and more stories.




 I am also so excited to be here in this ward. It is my first ward that I have had in the mission. My first day at the church was so amazing. I was not used to so much organization. It was good to see leaders and good to see how they worked. The Bishop and all the leaders have so much excitement to work with the ward. I am super excited to help this work go forth and help people come unto Christ.

As far as investigators; when I got here I was able to meet a family that we have, a family of 5. They are so awesome. They are all so ready for baptism. They will be baptized on the 25th of this month. This was like a free gift. I get here and they will be baptized next week. I feel like I didn’t have to teach them anything. We have been passing by every day making sure they are ready. And this Tuesday they will have their interview. I know they will pass. They are so good. I love them so much. We already have such a great relationship. I am best friends with all of their kids. To get baptized, we have the Dad Alejandro, the Mom Jessica, 14 yr. old son Alejando, 11 yr. old son Richard, and 10 yr. old Camilla.
(not sure what Tyler is doing in this picture...) 
I am super excited for this weekend. As far as other investigators, we have been able to find a lot of new people. It is so easy here to find people who are interested in our message. We just need to help them progress. I love Mulchen!!

Funny story this week: so my first day in Mulchen, I get here and my comp tells me that we have an appointment with the family of 5. So I was super excited to go and get to meet them. So we get to the house and I start introducing myself. They ask to see a picture of my family. So I show them a picture of my family. The 11 year old kid then looks at me all weird and then looks at the picture and then at me again. He then says Elder Boyer, did you eat pasture before your mission??? I said no why? ... Super confused. He then said because you were a cow... And everyone began to laugh. It was really funny. Their culture here in Chile is way different than in the states. Everyone here is so direct and there are no limits. But it was super funny ;)

Ok now for my spiritual experience for the week.  I was reading this week in 2 Nephi.

2 Nephi 25:23:
For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our 
brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.


I just wanted to bare my testimony about this scripture. I know that if we turn our trust in the Lord and work in all diligence we will be saved. I know that God will make up for the rest, AFTER ALL THAT WE CAN DO!!! We must do everything we can and then the power of Grace will come into play. God is a loving God and if we push forth with a firmness in Christ, always looking for ways to grow, He will shape us into the people, children that he wants us to be. And one day we will live in complete happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment