Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 42... 20th Birthday, New Area, New Assignment: Mulchen District Leader!!!

What a crazy week it has been. We really worked hard this last week of the cambio to get it ready for the next one. It was kind of sad knowing I was going to leave, but we had a great week with the Branch.
 They threw me a surprise party to help me celebrate my 20th Birthday!

This branch, by far, is the best branch. I am going to miss everyone so much. I have really gotten to know everyone so personally, and it is amazing the love the missionaries get to feel for the people they serve. Yesterday in church was a bitter sweet moment. I gave my last talk in the Branch Los Sauces. I was thinking a lot about what I wanted to tell them, and what I wanted to leave them with. I gave a talk about hope and faith.
 I wanted to share the scripture with you guys...

            Mosiah 23:22
       "He that putteth his trust in the Lord will be exalted in the last day". 

I know as we put our trust in Christ, He will lead us to the straight and narrow path. He will lift us up from all of our affliction and all our troubling times. As we suffer the Lord will always be there to help us get back on our feet and become the people that He wants us to be. I read one time in a talk, I can’t remember where, but it said everything we have is from God. Literally God is in control of everything we have, EXCEPT our heart and desires. If we give Him our heart and turn unto Him, He can shape us into who He wants us to be. I have seen so many miracles that have come through putting my trust in Christ. I have loved the changes that the mission brings. I love helping others and bringing them the message of happiness.   So last night was a real big surprise. I entered in the house expecting to relax a little bit, when all of a sudden I got a call from President Bluth. He called me and thanked me for the time I had in Los Sauces, and he asked me if I would go to Mulchen and be a district leader. When he told me this my heart started to pound. I am super nervous, but I know the Lord will guide and bless me in this new assignment. 
I am so grateful that I will have this experience to learn and to grow in this Gospel. I know I will be able to grow so much with this new assignment. I am so excited to go to a new Sector and get to know new people and grow even more as a missionary and a member of this church.

More Birthday Party pictures:










No comments:

Post a Comment