Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 22..... Turning weaknesses into strengths!!

Elder's Whilhelm, Saune, Navarro, and Boyer
This week was really great for me and for this sector, Los Sauces. First thing is first; we got to have interviews with President Bluth this week. Him and Hermana Bluth came to our house and had individual interviews with each one of us.
Presidente y Hermana Bluth
President Bluth is such an amazing guy. He knew exactly what I needed. We sat there and talked for about a half an hour and it was really spiritual. He told me some stuff that I really took to heart. He told me exactly what I needed to hear. After this meeting I had with him, I just wanted to get out and do the Work of My Savior. I wanted these people here in Chile to feel the amazing change of heart that I have felt in my short 6 months here. I want them to feel the love that I can feel from my Savior. I want them to enjoy the blessings that I am currently enjoying. I am so grateful to have President Bluth as my Mission President. I have learned so much from him. I know the Lord called me to be here in this Mission with President Bluth, because I have a lot to learn from him. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here. The meeting I had with him, really got me excited to get out and do the work. 

The work has been super slow here in Los Sauces. No one wants to progress... everyone has hit a wall, and Elder Wilhelm and I are trying to break down this wall. :) We have spent many days studying and praying for our investigators, trying to help them to gain this desire to act. No one here wants to act on their Faith. They all know it is true in the comfort of their own homes, but no one has the desire to act upon their Faith and go to church or do the commitments. The night President came, Elder Wilhelm and I went out, and we could feel a different spirit in this area. We went out and had so many great lessons. We had this one lesson with an investigator that has not progressed in a long time. We went in to this lesson with a great lesson plan that we had prepared. We felt a different spirit in the house this time. She was more receptive. We had a great lesson. The spirit was definitely present. It was so awesome, Elder Wilhelm and I worked so great together. This lesson was probably the best one we have had together. We ended up committing them to baptism… the Mom and the 16 year old son. We committed them to be baptized in March. So, we will be working with them for this date. After the lesson, I was so excited. This was our first time we have had a baptismal date this cambio. It was so awesome and definitely a testimony builder for me.


 Another great thing that happened this week, is that on Sunday, we had a Zone Attack in Los Sauces. All the missionaries in our Zone came to Los Sauces and worked in our sector. We gave each companionship a map with a list of less active people. Their job was to find out what happened, if they lived there, and to revise our list of members we have here in Los Sauces. This day was amazing. We found so many new investigators, and have so many lessons with less-actives. We are planning a huge activity for this area on Wednesday, so it should be great to get all of them to come. We want to build the unity here in Los Sauces. We are seeing so many great miracles here in Los Sauces. The Lord definitely has his hand in this work. Los Sauces is slowly improving each and every day. I know this sector is going to have a huge month where tons of baptisms will happen. And that month is approaching rapidly. I am loving seeing this sector improve. It is such an amazing experience. This week was a super good week for me though.

 I just want to share with you guys a little spiritual thought. The scripture I want to share with you guys, I think I might have already shared, but I read it again this week and this scripture is amazing. We used it a lot this week with our investigators.

 Alma 5:27:
“Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?”

I love this scripture so much. This is a question that all of us need to ask ourselves, each and every day. Am I worthy to be in Gods presence right now? Have all my sins been washed by the blood of Christ? If I was to die right now, could I say that I am worthy? These are questions we need to ask. These questions will help guide us through our lives. If we answer no to these questions... the next question needs to be WHY NOT? WHAT CAN I DO TO BE READY? My challenge to each of you this week, is find out those things that you need to improve and become closer to your Savior. This is one thing that I have really learned how to do in my mission. With the help and direction from my Savior, I have been able to see the areas that I need to improve, and through daily prayer and practice, I have been able to turn my weak things into strengths. I am so grateful for the help of my Savior. He has brought me so much happiness in my life. I have changed so much in my mission. And my challenge this week is for all of you to find these challenges/weaknesses...I promise you that with the help from the Lord, you will be able to make these weak things become strong, and you will be able to say in this moment that you are ready to meet God!!!

Are you ready for some futbol?




                         

 
A cool little lake that some members took us to!





No comments:

Post a Comment