Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 20..... 6 Month Mark!!


I can’t believe that I will hit my 6th month mark this week. Time has really flown by!!!! I don’t feel like I am a fourth of the way done with my mission. I now realize how fast the mission goes and how much I have to do in just a short little time. There are so many things I want to do, and so many changes I want to make. I only have a little time left to do it. Other than that it is my 6th month mark, things here in Los Sauces have been great. 

Los Sauces really is so small. I think I have contacted the whole city over 5 times… haha. My companion and I, Elder Wilhelm, have been working really hard at getting this area to have excitement. When I first got here, this area was dead. No one had excitement, and no one wanted to progress. They kind of felt like no one cares for them. They are just this city in the middle of nowhere and no one cares for them. There was really nothing to be excited about, it was really sad. So at the first of this cambio, Elder Wilhelm and I set a bunch of goals on what we wanted to do. We have been focusing so hard on achieving these goals. Each week we have had a ward activity, trying to bring people together. We have gained a lot of people’s trust and people are really beginning to love what we are doing. I think we are making a lot of progress and that is what we want. That is what missionary work is all about. We have been bringing less active, inactive and investigators together and really getting them to know each other and support each other. We just have to keep working hard and I know this area can be a great area. 
We only have a few investigators, but the ones we have are super good. We should have some baptisms coming up within this next month. I cannot wait for my first baptism. I am really beginning to love the mission and the work we are doing. It is amazing to see the changes in people’s lives. I am so excited to actually see one of our investigators go and make these life changing decisions. I am so excited. 

Anyways, I don’t have much time this week, but I just wanted to share a little spiritual though with all of you. So yesterday at church, one of our speakers didn’t show up; so I got called to prepare a talk in like 5 minutes. I was so nervous, and had no clue what to talk on. I prayed to know what I needed to talk on, and what could benefit this branch. After I finished my prayer, I opened my scriptures and found this scripture:

Mosiah 16: "But, remember he that persists in his own carnal nature, and goes on in the ways of sin and rebellion against God, remaineth in his fallen state and the Devil hath all power over him. Therefore he is as though there was no redemption made, being an enemy to God, and also is the Devil and enemy to God."

I love this scripture so much, because all of us have the Natural Man. We all have desires physical and spiritual. A lot of times we let our physical desires over power our spiritual desires. But I warn you of the Natural Man, because he is an enemy to God, and as we fall into the temptations of Satan, we will not have happiness, we will live in our fallen state for eternity. If we follow our natural man, Satan has all power over us and will drag us down to never ending misery and woe... But, we have our Savior’s example to overcome this natural man, and we have the spirit to guide us on the right path. I challenge all of you to watch out for this natural man, and always follow the guidance from the Spirit. We can defeat Satan! I love you all so much. Have a great week.
 
Elders Boyer, Saune, Navarro, and Wilhelm


Mi Casa....
The kitchen...
Living Room...
 

My study area...
the bedroom....Yep, 4 beds in one room!



No comments:

Post a Comment