Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 21... The convert is ME!!!


This week was such a good week for me. I completed 6 months in the mission. That is so crazy to me that I am one-fourth done with my mission. It feels like yesterday that I was saying goodbye to everyone. Time is flying by out here. I never thought I would be at this moment in my mission. I always remembered being at home and thinking of this time. Now it is here and I don’t know where the time has gone. I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had in my mission thus far. I have had the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows, but all my experiences have brought me closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and every one of them has been a learning experience.
 On the day I hit 6 months, I had one of the most spiritual experiences in my mission. I have been feeling a little down that I have not had a baptism. I kind of got down on myself and so I just started going through the motions. I decided I didn’t want to go through the motions any more. I woke up that morning and could feel the spirit pounding through my chest. I felt inspired to read a talk given by the Area 70 here in Chile. This talk is called; "The Vision to Baptize".  After reading this my emotions began to get the best of me. Honestly this experience was the most I have felt the Spirit in my mission. I began to look back on all the experiences of my mission. I began to think of all the hard times, and how much I have improved. As of right now I don´t have any baptisms, but I can tell you that I have one of the greatest converts…that convert is ME!!!!! I have been totally converted to this Gospel. 
I had so many questions before I left for my mission, if these things really were true. I really wanted to know for myself if these things are true.



 I can testify to all of you that Christ lives. He loves each and every one of us. I have had so many challenges in this mission. I have spent many nights in tears looking for answers and trying to change myself for the better. During these challenges, I kept asking why me? Why does it have to be so hard?  But, I just kept putting my trust in Christ. I wanted to do what he wanted me to do. A lot of times I would ask, Father in Heaven what do you want from me? Why is this mission so hard? Why are things happening like this? Why don’t I have any converts? I was getting really devastated. But as I continued to put my trust in the Lord, I started to see all the little miracles that happen each and every day. I began to see the Lords hand in everything. It was so amazing to me, that before I missed all these things. The only thing that really was missing was the eyes to see these blessings. My eyes have been opened to this Gospel. I am so grateful for all these experiences. I can testify to all of you that Christ is our Savior. And there is no other way by which we can be saved. Our Church is centered on the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I testify to you that this church is true. And that if we are obedient, and put all our trust in the Lord, he will mold us into whom He wants us to be. I really am so grateful for this Gospel. I have experienced so many blessings.

 I am so grateful for all of you and all the love and support you all have shown me. I love you guys so much. After reading this talk it made me really focus on why I am here. I am here to bring the message of the Restored Gospel into the lives of the Chilean people. Through Christ we can be saved. Only through Him can we return to live with our Eternal Father in Heaven. This experience I had really made me look back on all the times in my mission, and helped me be so grateful for everything. I can’t wait to have so many more experiences. I have 18 months left to have all the amazing experiences. I am so excited for the next 18 months. I love you all so much. I pray for all of you every night. Thanks for all the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment