Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 5.... My First Baptism!!!

Elder Sheffield, Roderigo, Marcia, and Elder Boyer

HEY!!!! How is everyone doing? This week was a pretty good week for me. Probably one of the best weeks I have had here in Chile. This week, I have really improved my ability to speak in Spanish. It is so hard to learn a new language, but with the gift of tongues, I know I will be able to do this. This week we had a ton of activities because it was Stake Conference. On Wednesday, we had a talent show night with the Ward. It was fun to see everyone's talents. On Thursday, we had a movie night. We made some popcorn and watched Ephraim's Rescue. For those of you that have not watched this movie, I suggest that you do. It is such a good movie. One thing that really helped me this week came from this movie. Ephraim goes around the handcart company and is giving everyone blessings. The people are immediately healed by the power of God. One of the ladies comes up to him and says,"you must be a Holy man." He says "I have more doubts than I know how to count." The lady looks at him confused and says "Then how is it that you do so much good?" Ephraim says, " I TRY". I think that is so awesome. A lot of times, we have hard times, and a lot of doubts, but I know if we continue in Faith, and continue to try... The Lord will bless us. That really helped me this week when I struggled with my Spanish. The rest of the week was a good week though. Oh Yesterday, I got to baptize a Sister. She wasn't my investigator, but I got to baptize her because I am still in my training. I was so excited to get to baptize her. I was so nervous at first though. This sister was scared of the water, so I had to get in right on the first try. I was stressing saying the baptismal prayer in Spanish. When I finally got in the water and started the prayer, I felt so good. The spirit was so strong. When I pulled her up out of the water, the smile on her face was so amazing. I realized that this is what I am going to be doing for the next 2 years. Bringing people to this gospel and bringing happiness into their lives. It was such an amazing experience. I can't wait to have one of my investigators baptized. We are getting really close. We have to keep working with the people here.
 We have some really good investigators....


Anyways it was a great week. It is amazing the miracles that happen while you are on your mission. You really begin to see the power of God. It was such an amazing experience. This week was such a good week for me. I had no clue Spanish was going to be this hard to learn. I thought it would just come easy. I am working so hard. I am improving little by little. This week I gained a lot of confidence. I still feel pretty lonely at times, but I always look at the positive side of things. Things are just going up hill though. Anyways, we had return and report last week. I got to see all my buds from the CCM...it was sick!
Have a great week. I love you all.  

Elder Boyer
Return and Report Luncheon







No comments:

Post a Comment