Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 4.... No Pain, No Gain!!


This week was a good week. I think I am finally getting used to things. I finally feel comfortable with everything. Honestly, each day that goes by, I love my mission more and more. I never thought a mission would be this hard. I always thought before I came out here that we would work so hard, but we would see results of our hard work. Right now, Elder Cardoso and I work hard everyday...



 ....we try to be exactly obedient so we can receive blessings, all of our hard work hasn't paid off yet. Elder Cardoso and I will find a good family, and teach them the first lesson, they seem super interested, and then it will fall through. It gets super discouraging. We work so hard, and aren't seeing results, it makes for a hard time. I know if we continue to work hard and stay obedient something good will happen. I never thought a mission would be this hard. The mission is so full of up and down emotions. I feel like a teenage girl sometimes... haha. I can have a super high moment where I feel on top of the world, and then an hour later have something happen that puts you in the dumps. That's a mission though. I just got to work through the hard times. I honestly love my mission though. I am changing so much. I love the quote that Nike has. It is "No pain, No Gain"... that quote is so true. 
I applied it to missionary work and life. If we aren't having hard times, or being discouraged, we aren't gaining. The times we feel the most pain are the times that we gain the most. I think that is why I have improved so much out here, because this is honestly so hard. I have already had experiences that have forever changed my life. I am only 2 months in, but I feel like I have improved so much since I left. I don't think I have ever been so happy in my life. My advice to you this week is when you are having hard times, turn to the Lord and he will lift you up. We must experience misery before we can know happiness. When times get rough, don't turn AWAY from God, turn TO him. His hand is always outstretched.
 2Nephi 20:4. Remember God is waiting, and wanting to help us. Turn to him and he will reach out his hand and lift you up.
 Remember " NO pain, No Gain"!!




 I love all of you so much. I hope all of you are doing great. Have a great week. Also if you have time send me some pictures I love receiving pictures. 

Love you all so much.
Elder Boyer

Mi Casa

Elder Hernandez, modeling the kitchen
Breakfast of champions...
Our Dining Room...
                                         

Our Study Area
                                       

the map of our area...

The Bedroom

My closet....

The Bathroom...
Ummm, so there's this...
                                                     
Our Laundry Room.... ;D

Lunch time!!
     
Roasting mallows with these Elders!

No comments:

Post a Comment