Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 2... Conference Weekend!!


This week was such a good week..... Conference weekend:) 

LDS General Conference October 2014 (click on link)

I hope all of you watched conference, because there were so many good messages. It is amazing to watch conference on your mission. I felt like each talk was based towards me. The spirit was so strong while I was watching conference. I hope you all experienced the same thing. We got to watch conference at the church in my area. The church is a little house.




We plugged in one of the member computers to the TV. I think we had 5 people show up to conference. haha no one here are strong members, it makes it super hard. As missionaries we do everything here. Anyways we watched conference in Spanish. I didn't understand it very well, so I made them turn on the English sub titles. I then was able to read what they were saying and it was awesome. For Priesthood, I was able to watch it in English. Not going to lie, the English language is the best. Hearing the voice of the Prophets is where most of the power comes. When you watch it in Spanish it is another guy translating it. The Power is not the same. I was still grateful for the talks that I did get to watch in English. Watching conference made me miss home. It was zooming around and showing the salt lake temple. I was like I was just there a few months ago. I am really starting to love my mission though. The first week here I was so lost. I could not understand the Chileans at all. For those of you that don't know, Chilean spanish is one of the worst spanish in the world. They speak so fast and cut off half their words. When I got here everyone was attracted to me because I was white. I had a bunch of drunks come up to me and start spitting off spanish.  I  just looked at them and had no idea what they were saying. My companion just laughed at me. Now I am really starting to understand it. I can understand most of what is being said. Speaking is a different story. I still need to work on my speaking, but is getting better each day. It is amazing the spirit you feel when you are at someones house. It is the coolest thing when you love them at first sight. Some times we meet people and I genuinely love and care for them. When you have this love the spirit then begins to speak through you to the people. That is when we have our best lessons. Elder Cardoso and I are working hard. We were both new to this area, so we didn't know anyone. We did a lot of contacting to get to know people. Now we have been here for 2 weeks everything is starting to get better. We have 2 baptismal dates, so I am so excited. We will see if they follow through. I really love it here. I am honestly loving it so much. The city of Yumbel is a really small city. They have a lot of land out here. Being here really makes me appreciate what I had back at home. 
I really miss you all so much. Elder Cardoso has been asking a lot about all of you, so I keep looking at the pictures I have on the camera. I miss you all so much. I hope you all watched conference. It was honestly one of the best conferences. I think that is because I am on my mission. I hope you all got something out of it. What the Prophets say are literally coming from God.  "Wether by my voice, or the voice of my servants it is the same" I love that scripture. When the Prophets speak, just imagine God speaking to you. It makes the messages so much more powerful. I hope you all improve a lot from watching conference. I thought a lot about all of you as I watched conference. This week has been a tough week for me. I got home sick a lot, but as I pray and work harder I am beginning to love it out here more and more. 

Have a great week. Love you all! 

Elder Boyer






No comments:

Post a Comment