Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 38.... I will go, I will do!!!

This week was a really good week for us here in Los Sauces. So, if I wasn’t very clear on my last week’s letter, I will be staying in Los sauces for 6 more weeks. President Bluth called me and asked me if I would stay and help train the new branch President. Since I have been here for a while and I know a lot about the branch and the work that we have been doing, it wouldn’t make sense the have a missionary who has been here 6 weeks that doesn’t really know all the situations, to stay and help the new branch President. It would be starting back from square one. I was super excited to leave this sector but when I got the call from President I felt a relief. I really had a feeling that my work was not done here. It was such a good feeling when I went to Sacrament meeting and everyone welcomed me back to the Branch and showed me their love they have for me. I am super excited to stay here and help these members here in Los Sauces. 

These last few weeks I have been having so many spiritual experiences. I knew that I stayed here for a reason. The Lord definitely has his hands in this work. My New comp is Elder Hurtado. He is from Columbia. He is super awesome. He was actually in my Zone when I was in Yumbel, so we were already best friends. So when I got the news that I was going to stay and be companions with him, I was so stoked to stay. We have been working so hard these last 2 weeks to help out this branch. He has so many great ideas and we are really starting to see great improvement. I really am so happy to be here and continue to help this branch grow and help build the foundation of Los Sauces. This sector is by far the most challenging but the most rewarding I have ever heard of. I have spent many nights in long prayerful tears, asking the Lord what we can do to help. I won’t lie when I say sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with what God has called me to do. Sometimes I don’t feel like I am qualified to be the 1st counselor. There have been some crazy things that I have seen here. I never knew it was so hard to be a leader in the church. I am so grateful for this opportunity because with all the trials and difficulties we have had, I have been able to grow and learn from these people. That is why I have such a great love for these people here in Chile especially Los Sauces. They have been such a blessing in my life... I would not change this experience for anything. I can testify that there is opposition in all things, and that when we have opposition is when we grow in the Faith and we have the opportunity to humble ourselves and seek out what is the Lords will on now always act according to our will. If there is anything that I have learned from this sector, it would be to always trust in the Lord. Even when you think that your decision will lead to great results, or even if the Lord asks you to do things that you don’t feel prepared, or ready to accomplish. I know this scripture is common and everyone has heard of it, but I will share it with you because it has been a constant scripture of comfort. 

 1 Nephi 3:7... I WILL GO AND I WILL DO 

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

I have seen the Lord's hand in this work. I am so grateful to be here learning new things each and every day. I know the Lord loves and blesses us as we turn unto Him and GIVE UP OUR WILL FOR HIS. I love each and every one of you. I hope that all of you can see and feel the blessings in your lives. I know God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ live. I know without a doubt in my heart that if we submit to their will, we will receive the blessings in our life and we will see the changes that it brings to our character. 


No comments:

Post a Comment