Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 13.... Feliz Navidad!!

Our Christmas Day Skype
I can’t believe this week is Christmas!!!!! I hope all of you enjoy it. First Thing is first!!!!! FELIZ NAVIDAD and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I love you all so much and hope all you have a great Christmas. Always remember the True meaning of Christmas... CHRIST!!! 
For those of you that haven’t seen, go watch that video that was put out by the church about Christmas. That video is so spiritual. I don’t know what it is called in English, probably something like. "HE is the Gift" in Spanish it is "El es la Dadiva" This video is amazing!!
We have been using this video so much to contact people. We get into people’s houses and show them this video and then talk to them about Christ. It has been awesome. I encourage all of you to go watch it!!!  

He is the Gift (click on link)

As far as this week went for me, it was a super busy week. I had to say goodbye to Elder Cardoso. It was super hard to say goodbye to him. But on Tuesday, I got a new companion, Elder Sotomayor. He is from Lima, Peru. He honestly is so awesome. I thought it was going to be hard to have a companion that only speaks Spanish, but it has actually been super fun. He and I related so much that first day. He is such a fun kid. 
This cambio is going to be a great one. Elder Sotomayor has 10 months in the mission, so he has been helping me to become a better missionary.
 

  This week we have had so much success, we now have 8 baptismal dates… 4 of them from the same family.... The family of Niko, that 11 year old kid I have been talking about. 

It has been a super good week. My confidence has really improved. My Spanish has really improved because all I do is speak Spanish now. I am really loving this cambio already and it has only been 1 week. I feel like it is going to go by so fast. 

So in our house we have us 4 missionaries: Elder Ehlen stayed here with me, and his new companion is Elder Cox. Elder Cox is from Kaysville, Utah. He is super cool. So we have a bunch of awesome missionaries in Yumbel. 
Elders Sotomayor, Boyer, Cox, and Ehlen



Funny story this week, so I was at a house of a recent convert and her son is 20 years old. He is a pretty big kid. He challenged me to an arm wrestle. I looked at him and thought I was going to destroy him. When I arm wrestled him, I got smoked. I looked at my arm and started to cry... no haha. I told him that in 1 month that I would challenge him again and I would waste him. I have lost everything. So, since that day, Elder Ehlen and I have been working out hard every day, and doing arm wrestles every day. We got buckets and filled them full of water. We work out every day now. I will beat him in 1 month from now... hahah. It was super funny but super sad for me. 




 
 


So for my spiritual thought this week I thought I would share this scripture: 2 Nephi 32:3 "Angels speak by the power of the holy ghost wherefore they that speak the words of Christ, I said unto you "FEAST UPON THE WORDS OF CHRIST" for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things that you should do".
 I challenge all of you to feast upon the words of Christ. Honestly that is the thing that has helped me through my mission. No matter how happy, or how down I am, I can always find answers to my questions in the scriptures. The scriptures really are a blessing. I wish I would have discovered this blessing before my mission. I hope all of you can discover this blessing and daily feast upon the words.

 I love you all so much!!!! I hope you all have a great week this week. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope Santa can make it to your houses and maybe my house all the way down here in Chile :) 
 Always remember the true meaning of Christmas…. Christ.
He is the gift to the world. I am so grateful to have him as our loving Savior and Redeemer.
Enjoy being with your families this week.

Love you guys!
 
(Elder Boyer's testimony in Espanol)

Elder Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment