Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 8... Trust in the Lord!!


Not much time this week!! But I will make it fast. I love you guys a ton. 
One thing that I learned this week was more about being humble. I love the scripture Mosiah 3:19. I have read this scripture a lot, but this week it really stood out to me. It talks about how the natural man is an enemy to God and will be forever, unless we listen to the enticing’s of the spirit. I really began to think about that this week. Doing the normal worldly things is the natural man. I read a talk this week entitled "The Consecrated missionary" This talk really hit me hard. It gives an example of a missionary who isn't being obedient. The mission president says he needs to be more obedient. The missionary replies," You are not just asking to change my behavior, you are asking me to change my nature." The Mission President replies," Exactly" That really stood out to me. If we are obedient because our companion is making us, we are only changing our behavior, and when we get home, we will fall back into our old habits. If we are obedient because we love the Lord and we are obedient regardless of what our companion does, then we have changed our nature. I related that to the scripture because, the natural man will always be in our life unless we have the spirit with us. We can only have the spirit if we really put all our focus on God and rely on him. The second part of the scripture says this. If we listen to the enticing’s of the spirit and become as a child; submissive, meek, humble, full of love, putting all our trust in our father like a baby relies on his father. Sorry, this is all over the place. It is hard for me to try and express what I want to say in English. Everything I am learning is in Spanish. I know that if we put all our trust in the Lord, and do his will we will become the people that God wants us to be. I know the Natural man is a huge part in the world today. But if we put all our trust in the Lord and become that as a child we will be blessed, and we won’t fall to become a natural man.


I love you all so much. Have a great week.

Elder Boyer

Service Project







No comments:

Post a Comment