Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 7.... Humble yourself!!


Our mission logo...
This week was a great week. Not much really happened but it was still a great week. Elder Cardoso and I are working really hard. We are finding a lot of new investigators, but we can’t seem to get our old investigators to progress. It's been really tough, but I know it will work out. I cannot tell you how fun missionary work is. Going into people’s houses and bring them the message of the restored gospel is seriously the most amazing thing. It can be the worst of days but as soon as we walk into someone’s house, my whole mood changes. Even though a lot of people aren’t accepting us right now, it is so fun to tell them about the blessings that I have received because of this Gospel. This week was a great week. I get better and better each day with Spanish. I can actually start talking to people without having my comp. right by my side, haha. In the lessons,  I was able to tell people about personal experiences. I am improving so much… Not only in Spanish, but also in the Gospel. There is not one day that goes by where I don’t learn something amazing. My spiritual thought this week is to humble yourself. That is one thing I really learned this week. A lot of times I think that I know the right way, or that I know how to do things. I know that if we humble ourselves and really listen to what the Lord wants us to do, that is when we will receive and experience things that we wouldn't have if we would have done it our way. For example, my companion has told me to Read the Spanish Book of Mormon for my morning study. He said it would help me to learn Spanish. I told him no, because I wanted to learn the things in English. I have been doing this the whole time I have been here. Finally after saying a sincere prayer, I was reading in the chapter heading of Ether 12. The quote says this. "God gives men weakness so they can humble themselves".  I really began to think about that. I really started to study about having humility. Having humility is not a weakness, it is actually a strength. I began to work on humbling myself and really started listening to what the Lord wanted. I started reading my Book of Mormon in Spanish every morning. My Spanish has improved so much this week. It is amazing the blessings that come once we humble ourselves. So my thought this week is, we all have weaknesses, if we humble ourselves before the Lord and really want this change, the Lord will make our weak things become strong. 


Mom-  To answer your questions: We stay in our area everyday besides Tuesdays. On Tuesdays we go to Los Angeles for Zone meetings.  There, we make goals and talk about our investigators it is really good. We have a zone conference with the President every 3 months. He is actually coming to do interviews on Thursday so I will get to see him. I don’t get to see him too much. Today, I am actually in Concepcion. Elder Cardoso is having an ingrown toenail removed, so I will get to see Presidente, and I will pick up my package. I cannot wait to see what is in it. 

Everyone else, I love you guys so much. Sorry I don’t have a lot of time.  Keep emailing me and sending me pictures.  I love it!
Love you guys have a great week.
Elder Boyer 




No comments:

Post a Comment