Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Week 5... ONE MORE WEEK until we're Chile bound!!!

 Wow it is crazy I only have one more week here. I'm really going to miss all the people in my district. We have all bonded so much. I'm really going to miss this place, but I cant wait to get to Chile. I got my flight plans yesterday:) I leave on Monday. We get on the bus to leave the MTC at 4 pm, and our flight leaves at 8:30 pm. I'm going to try and buy a calling card so I can call you.  I cant wait to talk to all of you. I am excited. So our plane leaves at 8:30 and we fly straight to Santiago. It is an 8 and half hour flight. That is going to be one long flight :( We land in Santiago at like 6:30 the following morning. Our next flight leaves at 9 am and we fly an hour to Concepcion. Then we get on a bus and they take us to the mission home. We stay at the mission home for 2 nights. Then they will assign us our area and we will go from there. I am really getting excited! I am finally going to start my missionary experience. It is finally becoming real. This last week is going to be so much fun. We are going to have a blast. 

Our District!!
Concepcion South  Mission




















So let me tell you a little about how my week went. This week was a really good week. I learned a ton. On of the coolest things I learned this week came from a talk given by Elder Richard G. Scott in last nights devotional. His quote was " To achieve a goal never attained, someone must do something never done before." I loved that quote. I started thinking that we need to take it little by little. I always think of things in reference to football. So I started thinking about how long a football field is. When we look at how long we have to go to score a touchdown it is a long way. But if we look at just getting a first down, that is only 10 yards. A lot of times when you focus on that end goal it feels like you are never going to get there, and you often get down on yourself. I know for me when we I was playing football, when my team focused on scoring a touchdown quickly, that is when we did the worst. Often times we would go backwards. We were trying too hard to get the whole 100 yards in 1 play. When my team focused on the little things, like getting getting the first down, that is when we marched down the field, and before we knew it we were in the End zone. For me right now that is what I have been focusing on. A lot of times missionaries come out and want that immediate change of heart. They want to go to sleep and the next day wake up and be the best missionary that has ever lived. I´ll be honest, that is exactly what I wanted too. I thought when I came out here that I was just going to wake up one day and be the best missionary. It doesn't  work like that. I realized that you have to work at one thing at a time. Focus on those little increments and before you know it you will achieve your goal. Focus on 10 yards at a time and before you know it you will be in the End zone.  The Lord says we will learn and grow "Line upon line, precept upon precept" My senior year football our goal was to win the state championship. We had a quote that I loved. It was "Win the Day"... it wasn't "Win the Championship" it was "Win the day" We took it day by day. Win each and every day and before you know it you will be on your way. My goal as a missionary is to be the best missionary I can be. I'm not going to wake up and be the best missionary I can be tomorrow... It is going to take time. It will go by, and win each and every day. Before I know it these 2 years will be up and I will be able to look back and say. YES, I did achieve my goal. I became the best missionary I could be. I am so excited to get out to Chile and start working towards my goal. I will learn something new each day and improve each day. I love you all so much!!! I hope all of you can take something from this!!!!
I miss each and every one of you. I hope all of you are doing amazing. Love you guys. Stay strong, and work at one thing at a time.


Oh something else that happened this week was on Monday, it was Mexico´s Independence Day. The whole day was super crazy. There were fireworks going off all day. At night is when it got super crazy. Everyone in this whole city was shooting off fireworks. We have a hill right behind us where there are hundreds of houses. So all of us climbed up on the roof of our house and watched fireworks. It was so awesome. We watched people shooting fireworks down the street at each other. It was a real sight to see. Let me tell you, the fireworks here don't compare to the ones we have back in the US. Monday night was super awesome. We had a bunch of people on the roof and we were partying. I am so lucky to get to be here with this great bunch of Elders!





Best District, EVER!



Love you all! Next time you hear from me...I'll be a Chilean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment