Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 62.... What Have These Hands Done For You???


Lately, I have been on a quest to really find out who my Savior is! I want to know who He is, how He acted, and how I can live more like Him. It has been a very interesting few weeks. I feel like every time you try and do something good, Satan tempts you even more so you don’t have these spiritual experiences. He doesn’t want you to learn, he doesn’t want that type of progression. So as I have been concentrating my studies, my thoughts, and my actions towards Christ I have seen an increase in spirituality and an increase in happiness.

 This week while I was studying, I came across a scripture in John 17:3:

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I took this scripture and put it to the test. I wanted to find out Who He Is:
Who is the Christ...The Prince of Peace?  

During the week my studies were turned to the scripture that is in Matthew 16:24:

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 

This scripture talks about if we want to get to know Christ, we must:
1. GO TO HIM
2. TAKE UP THE CROSS, or in other words, give up all worldliness, give up all disobedience.
3. FOLLOW HIM

These 3 steps are the steps that will lead us to a better understand of our Savior and Redeemer. As we Come to Him and obey His commandments, we are more receptive to spiritual promptings. We will be guided and directed in the right path, the path of light and never ending happiness. As we follow Him, we will understand the importance of His coming and more importantly, His Great Sacrifice: THE ATONEMENT. 
Christ has done everything for us. If it wasn’t for Him, we would be nothing. We are children of men, are nothing in compared to Him and our Father. We would have remained dirty and marked from the World, but thanks to Him and His eternal sacrifice we have the option to have Eternal Life. 

This week I had one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had, as far as understanding who my Savior is and what He has done for us. 
This week we went up to Concepcion to have a meeting with President Bluth. It was a really spiritual meeting, but towards the middle of the meeting, the Assistants get up and put a picture up on the big screen. It is a picture of two hands of a woman. They ask "Whose hands are these?" Everyone starts saying Hermana Bluth, Hermana so and so. No one could guess. Then they turn to one Elder and ask him. "Whose hands are these?" He just started bawling. He said, those are my mom’s hands. They then went on to show a picture of his mom and her hands. They asked him, "What have those hands done for you in your life?" He went on to say that those hands have done everything for him. As he testified the spirit filled to room. You could see the love he had for his parents and the things he had learned from them also. The assistants went on to show more pictures, each time asking the same questions. Each time asking, whose hands are these? Each and every time it was a different Elder or Sister. They then would go on to testify of how much their parent’s hands have helped them in their life. I have never been in a room with so many tears and a feeling of joy. As each and every Elder and Hermana saw the hands of their parents they would break out in tears and would remember how much their parents have done for them. At the end they pull up a picture. The picture is of two hands, these two hands have two marks in the palms. They asked, "whose hands are these?" We all choked out underneath our tears. Jesus Christ. 

They asked, WHAT HAVE THESE HANDS DONE FOR YOU??? 
I began to think everything Christ has given me, all that He has done for me.

I want to tell each and every one of you, that our Savior is everything to me. I am so grateful for Him and His eternal Sacrifice. I have never felt so much love for one person. As I sat there and pondered the love I have for my Savior, I grew closer to him. I understood a little more of who He is. He literally is the Savior of this World. There has been no one else more perfect, no one else more loving than that of our Savior.

 I challenge each and every one of you to participate in this same challenge. Find out who you Savior is and what He has done for you. I have found out who He is... and What He has done for me. I testify that He lives and loves each and every one of you. No matter our defects, no matter our mistakes, he loves each and every one of us the same. He hears and looks after each one of us. As we get a better understanding of who He is, we will grow closer to Him and receive greater blessings. 

HE IS THE LIGHT AND THE WAY!!! THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!! 

Of these things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen

My Zone


P-Day hike to an awesome waterfall



No comments:

Post a Comment