Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 57....Be Perfected in Him!!!

Teaching the Latinos about American Football
 This week has been a really good week. As for Elder Anderson and I, we have just been messing around and having a good old time. Elder Anderson is just like one of my bros, so we have been having a great time. This week was a super good week for us. We have been able to see so many miracles and we have been able to see the Lords hand here in this work. 

To start off, I just wanted to share a little spiritual experience I had this week.
So lately I have kind of been feeling kind of down. I have been getting feelings like I am not where God wants me to be. That I am not doing what God wants me to do. It has been a constant thought and a constant pain. Like we come out of lessons that are super spiritual and instantly I am attacked with feelings of hardship or feelings or thoughts that I need to improve. I have been praying and looking for answers on how I can get to the level God wants me to be. For so long in my mission I felt like I was on an uphill climb spiritually. When I started my mission I was at the bottom of the mountain. And from day one, I just rocketed up the hill. Each and every spiritual experience shot my testimony sky high, and helped me in my spiritual ascension up this Mountain towards God. For my whole first year I could see myself climbing, giving all my energy, being beat down so hard. But when I looked back… I saw progression. I was getting further and further up this mountain. When I hit the year mark, I felt like my efforts got me to that point. And since that point I felt like I hit the first ledge. Even though I have been giving it my all, even though I have been climbing with all my heart, might, mind and strength; I felt like I haven’t been able to climb the spiritual mountain. I have been in constant prayer searching for an answer or comfort from God. This week I found my answer. 
Elder Callister
This week while I was on a bus traveling to Concepcion, I was sitting by an Elder named Elder Callister from Idaho. He is a new Elder. I think he has like 2 months here in Chile. So we spent our whole 2 hours on a bus ride talking to each other. It was a super good talk we had. During the middle of our conversation I turned to him and asked him “Hey Elder Callister, what is your favorite scripture?” He turned to me and opened up his book of Mormon. He turned to Moroni 10:32. He began to read the words. As I listened to the words I was immediately touched by what it said:

2Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him,
 and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; 
and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, 
and love God with all your might, mind and strength, 
then is his grace sufficient for you,
 that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; 

I began to think about what Moroni was saying here. I began to apply the words of Moroni to my situation and what I have been feeling.  At times I felt like I have not been enough, or that I am short a few pennies to pay all unto God. But as I read this scripture I was filled with love and comfort. I knew that God was telling me, that all was alright. He was telling me that no one is perfect. No matter how many mistakes we make, or no matter how much we are missing, if WE GIVE ALL OUR HEART, MIGHT, MIND, AND STRENGTH TO HIM; WE WILL RECEIVE HIS GRACE; WE WILL BE PERFECTED IN HIM.

I know there are so many things that I am missing, and there is so many more things I need to learn, but as I come to put my trust in my savior and give Him everything…He will make up the rest. I have seen this so many times in my mission. No one is perfect and at times we feel like we can’t do enough. Don’t fear because our Savior is going to make up the rest. We will become perfected in Christ as we seek His direction and give Him our all.

I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment