Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 56..... Faith, Miracles, and an unfortunate hair incident!!!



This was a crazy week here in LOS ANGELES!!! I have so many things to say this week. I think I will start off with the bad news. So, here in this sector we live with 2 crazy Colombians, but they are seriously the funniest kids I have ever met. We are all super good friends. So this week we decided it would be a great idea to do some team bonding, or some house bonding. We had the great idea to do some activities and have some fun inside the house. At the end of the night we all had the brilliant idea to cut our hair all the same length... and that is where everything went wrong!!!!
First we cut the hair of the two Colombians, and 
they looked pretty good. Then I decided I would be funny and cut my own hair. I didn’t want to cut off the side so I went straight to the top. Just so everyone knows, we have these clippers with the easy adjustable top, where all you have to do is push it up to have longer hair and down to cut shorter. Well as I went, with my brilliant idea to be funny, I started cutting my hair short right down the middle... the machine grabbed my hair and vvvvvvrrrrrrroooooommmmmm. The easy adjustable top slipped to the lowest level and weed wacked my hair.... ohhhh nooooo!!!!



 I then had to proceed cutting the rest of my hair the same length, so now I have a head smoother than a babies bum;)

 Haha! It was a funny story that I won’t forget.

The good thing is, that hair always grows back! 

   As for the spiritual side this week I wanted to tell everyone of this cool story that happened. So last week Elder Anderson and I had focused so much on Faith and miracles. We had been trying to strengthen our faith and see the miracles that happen each and every day. Last week while emailing I saw the biggest miracle of all. While I was sitting there writing last week, Elder Parkin, one of the other Elders here, got a call from his bishop. His bishop told him he needed to go to the hospital to give a blessing to a lady, because her son called from the United States and is worried about her. She has been having some heart problems. Elder Parkin told me he had to leave. We said our goodbyes and then I continued to write. As I got back on, I received an email from my mom. She sends me an email that says, “Hey do you remember this guy on our ward, well he has a friend whose mom is having some heart problems. She is currently living in Los Angeles Chile.” She went on to tell me her name and asked me if I could find her. As I read the email my heart was filled with love and I knew God prepares His children. I went on to call Elder Parkin to ask him the name of the lady he was going to give a blessing to. He told me the name and it was a match. I went on to write my mom, and told her, you will never know what just happened. I found this lady and I am going to go visit her. So after knowing that this lady was someone super special, my comp and I ran to the hospital to give a blessing to this lady. As I walked into her room, I felt a love that I have never felt before. I could feel that she was a special daughter of our Heavenly Father. I was able to talk to her for a good 15 minutes, and talk to her about her life. It comes to find out that all of her kids live in the United States one of which is the friend of the guy in my ward. She is living here in Chile because she was taking care of her mom. As I talked to her I was able to see her eyes shine with love. We went on to give her a blessing. As we gave the blessing she just smiled. I don’t know about her, but for me my heart was touched. That was a sign to me from God. I know God hears and answers our prayers. I know God prepares his children to be in the right places when He needs them to be there. Miracles still exist today. As I was leaving I asked her for her number and her direction, and I am going to send the missionaries to her house. I know God has something special prepared for this lady. What a miracle!!

I have so much more to say this week, but I don’t have the time to say it. I want to end with a quote that I heard this week in church. A member said: 
"Faith is to not to always expect an answer to every question, we must do as Alma says in Alma 32:40-42, 'Look forward with an eye of Faith.' We must put our trust in the Lord and as we do, we will nourish our tree of Faith. Our Faith will grow and we will be able to taste something so sweet.”

I know this to be true, because I have seen it so many times in my mission and in my life. I want all of you to know that I love you and wish the best for you.

 I know that my Savior lives!!!


P-Day Shenanigans.... Mini Putt Putt!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment