Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 18...San Sebastian Week and Transfer Day!!!

Hello everyone! I will start with telling you all about how the week went with it being San Sabastian. So, literally so many people came to Yumbel. Over like 200,000 people were here. Everyone had tents and they were selling anything you could imagine. It was all for really cheap too. So you know me, of course I went shopping and had to buy some stuff. I got a lot of watches, some speakers, and some other stuff.
With all the people being here, we had a great idea to set up a table and contact people and teach them what we believe in. So we made a sign that said, "En que creen los Mormones?" "What do the Mormons believe in?" and then we set up a table that had all the pamphlets and pass along cards. It honestly went so well. We did it all week. We contacted over 1000 people this week. It was a crazy week. It was so fun to see all the people who had interest in our message. We had so many people interested in talking with us. We got a lot of references for other sectors in the mission, and we also had a lot of success for people here in Yumbel. It was such a fun week to be able to teach the people about what we believe in. We had a lot of success this week. That was pretty much our week this week. It was a good last week of the cambio. 






















Speaking of cambios, I got the news today about what is happening here in Yumbel. The news is.................drum roll.................... I AM LEAVING!!!!! Ya, I am leaving Yumbel.  I am super excited to get out and see more of Chile and meet more people, but I will always be a YUBELITO at heart. I have loved serving here in Yumbel. It will forever be my home. I have made a bunch of great friends here. I am going to say my goodbyes to everyone today. It is going to be a rough day, but it will be good. I love Yumbel, but going to my new sector will be a great experience. 
Hasta La Vista, Yumbel
My new sector is called Los Sauces. Los Sauces is actually the smallest sector in the mission, haha. So I went from Yumbel, the 2nd smallest sector in the mission, to now I am going to the smallest sector. It should be really fun. I actually love living in these small sectors. Everyone is so nice, and everyone knows everyone. My new comp is Elder Willham. He actually is finishing his mission this cambio, so I will be “killing” him. That will be the 2nd person I have killed in my mission. I don't know why I keep getting old missionaries, but it is super good, they have taught me a lot. I can't wait to meet my new comp and experience new things here in Chile. It should be a great week this week.

 

Well for my spiritual thought this week I want to share with you all a scripture. Well, first off this week I finished the Book of Mormon. I just want to bear my testimony that I know without a doubt that this book is True. This book will change lives. This book changed my life. I challenge all of you to read it. Even if you have already read it, read it again, because you get something new each time you read it. I have learned so much from this book. At times in my mission I have felt down and have had hard times, when I am having these hard times, I go and read out of the Book of Mormon, and every time I feel comforted and receive a witness that God is here to help me. I always receive an answer. This book will help any one of you through any situation. I testify that this book is the most correct book in the world today. It changed my life and I know it will change yours if you read it and apply its teachings. I just want to share with you my favorite scripture that I found while reading. I know I have shared this before, but it has blessed my life in every possible way.


 12  Y ahora bien, recordad, hijos míos, recordad que es sobre laroca de nuestro Redentor, el cual es Cristo, el Hijo de Dios, donde debéis establecer vuestro fundamento, para que cuando el diablo lance sus impetuosos vientos, sí, sus dardos en el torbellino, sí, cuando todo su granizo y furiosa tormenta os azoten, esto no tenga poder para arrastraros al abismo de miseria y angustia sin fin, a causa de la roca sobre la cual estáis edificados, que es un fundamento seguro, un fundamento sobre el cual, si los hombres edifican, no caerán. 


12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon therock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.


 I testify that if we make Christ the center of our lives, if we can build our foundation of Christ, if we can always remember our Savior and follow his teachings… WE WILL NOT FALL!!!! I promise you that with Christ at the helm, we will not fall. We will have eternal life and we can overcome all temptations from Satan. I challenge all of you to put Christ at the center of your life and you will not fall. I hope you all have a great week!

I will miss my companion and house mates...
Elders Sotomayor, Cox, and Ehlen



Saying goodbye to my good friends......








all packed and ready to go!!

Elder Cox

Elder Ehlen

My companion....Elder Sotomeyor



No comments:

Post a Comment