Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 17... Mission Activity!!!

My Zone
This week was a great week! It was full of many activities and so much fun!!  I will start off with the fun part. This week (Monday) we had a Mission Activity. Every missionary in the mission went to this activity. It was such a fun day. I got to meet up with all my CCM buddies and we got to talk and catch up. It was so nice. I don’t know what it is, but those guys are my best buds. I was only with them for 6 weeks and I am way closer to them than I am with anyone that has lived in my house or that is in my Zone. For real those guys are so awesome. 





For this activity, we all separated into our different Zones and we played games against each other’s Zones. We all got different colored shirts and we had chants and cheers, and we played games. We played ultimate frisbee, dodgeball, kick ball, volleyball, tag, and a bunch of others. It was so fun to get to see everyone and meet a bunch of new people. It was by far one of the best days in my mission, as far as like relaxing and having fun. It was a super fun day filled with games and action. 

For lunch we had homemade burgers and I was in heaven, because here in Chile they don't really have burgers, so it was so good. Presidente Bluth  surprised us with a movie. We got to watch that new Movie, "Meet the Mormons".  It was super fun. We just sat there and watched this movie. It was such a good video. When it showed the football part, I got a little trunky, haha. I freaking miss football. Oh and also when it showed Salt Lake and the airport, it brought back memories of when I left the airport in August. It brought back a lot of good memories. It was such a good day though. It was so good to see everyone and be able to relax. I loved it. But that was pretty much it for the activity. My district and I took pictures and it was crazy to see all the changes in everyone. It was a great day. I was so beat after that day.

This week, as far as investigators, was a super down week, because it is so hard seeing all the people you care so much about use their free agency and choose the wrong and not want to come to Christ. Sometimes it makes me feel like a failure, but I just have to remember to keep my head up and keep working hard. I learned that God sends trials so we can grow. I know God right now is preparing me for something in the future. He sent me to Yumbel to go through these hard times, so I can handle it in the future. God knows the Big plan and all we have to do is put our trust in him and things will work out. I really wanted to baptize in my first sector.


 Transfers are this week and I have no clue what I am going to do. We will see what happens. We are going to work super hard this week to get people progressing for the next cambio. It was a super hard week, but it was full of so much learning and growing. I have learned that when we have hard times, these are when we learn more and grow more. If times were always easy and fun, if we had no trials, we would never grow. I am really starting to appreciate trials. Ya, they are trials and they are hard, but if we just go full bore through the trials, putting our faith in God, we will grow and become a better person, and overcome these trials. It was a good week though. I can’t wait for this next week. Last week of the transfer we are going to work so hard.

So this week in Yumbel is going to be crazy.  Yesterday was San Sabastian Day. That is one of the Saints they have here. And this day is the reason Yumbel is here. So many people travel to Yumbel. Yumbel’s population went from 2,000 people to 200,000 people in one week.








Everyone comes here to sell things. All the streets are full of tents that are selling things for cheap. So we got to walk through and buy some stuff. It was so awesome.

Today we are actually going to set up a table in the middle of the street and start to tell people about our church. I am super excited to contact everyone. It should be super fun. There are literally so many people here. Yumbel is freaking awesome. I will let you all know how it goes.

So this week for my spiritual thought, I want to share this scripture:


 3 Nephi 27:11: "But if it be not built upon my gospel, and it is built upon the works of men, or the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are cast down into the fire, from whence there is no return"

 This scripture really hit me hard this week. This is when Christ visited the Americas and is teaching them. He says this, and tells them they need to build their Churches and their foundations on HIM!! If they don't they will fall. I know that Satan tries to make things look fun and sins look good, but they really aren’t. Satan is the master of disguise. He is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. He makes things look fun, and I won't lie, you will have fun, it even says so in this scripture. You will have fun, but only for a season. You will only have fun for a little bit, and then you will know that you are following Satan and the real fun and happiness comes from Christ. I challenge all of you this week to look for the happiness that comes from Christ, and beware the things that look fun, that really lead to bad situations or bad things. Beware of the wolf in sheep’s clothing. I know that if you all can build your foundations on Christ you will not fall, you can know when it is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.  Build your foundation on Christ and you will be so much happier.

I hope they call me on a mission....
...when I have grown a foot or two!

Con mi amigo, "Nacho"

No comments:

Post a Comment